Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Team Dogventurers: Idita-Walk 2013 Challenge

I am sure you all know what the Iditarod Sled Dog Race is between Anchorage and Nome, Alaska. Well, Team Dogventurers is a group of dog bloggers who are taking the Idita-Walk 2013 Challenge. We are all pledging to walk 1049 minutes, not MILES, between now and March 31st. Mom and I are joining the challenge because we have started to get lazy the last few weeks, mainly due to the weather. I want to sleep in and she is tired of putting on three layers of clothes, plus a dog coat on me, then musher's wax on my feet, only to make it a few blocks. The early morning walks with my park pack have almost stopped and in the afternoon, I am lucky to get one good walk in. Please follow our exercise ticker on the right side of our blog to follow our progress.

We learned about Idita-Walk 2013 from fellow Doxie blogger You Did What With Your Weiner. To participate in the challenge mom paid $10 to register for the walk. All proceeds go to Camp Bronson maintenance, scholarships, and Nome youth-related programs in Alaska and all paid registrants receive a collectible Idita-Walk 2013 lapel pin.

We are supporting a good cause, having fun with blogger pals and getting exercise all at the same time! That is a win-win situation! Love Dolly



4 comments:

  1. The Iditarod is amazing. Have fun with the Idita-walk challenge. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly you too! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly...send me a pee mail to jgandb (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll send you the code...it's for everyone to use :) just couldn't get the comment to post it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I couldn't find a contact for you anywhere!

    ReplyDelete