Saturday, February 2, 2013

My First Blizzard!

Checking out the just shoveled path!

Happy Groundhog's Day! In keeping with Chicago tradition of big storms occurring on holidays (Valentine's Day), our last big storm happened on Feb. 2, 2010. I was little, only 8 months old, and the snow was way over my head! Over 20 inches, the third largest snowfall in our history. The first priority was to shovel a path for me to do my business, after that it was all play. I loved to climb the drifts that are really high. Then play time with the neighbor dogs.

See how deep the snow is!

Playtime with the neighbors Blackie and Alba in the alley!

My business area.

I always have snow on my nose!

Well, we had a couple of inches of snow again on Groundhog's Day! Not as much as two years ago but the most we have had all winter. I can't wait to go to the park and play today! I will probably have to wear a coat though, sigh.  Love Dolly

5 comments:

  1. Dolly have a pawsome lark in the park. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly, just don't get lost in all that snow!

    Your Pals
    Sus & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a huge snow storm too. Hope your little legs allowed you to have some fun in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete