Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dogs of Portage Park: Cora and Lola



Cora and Lola are two of my best pals at the park. I didn't see them much over the summer because mom's schedule changed our walk times.  So it was great to start seeing them again in the Autumn. Lola and Cora make quite an odd couple walking with their owner Mike. Mike is an elderly widower and retired so he has lots of time to walk the dogs. I see them almost every afternoon and we like each other a lot. Tails start wagging, we all start pulling on our leashes then Mike lets Cora off of her leash. She's the St. Bernard and had a very tragic story.  Cora is very shy, she will not let anyone near her, she will back away as soon as you move towards her. Not too much is known of her story but its not hard to figure it out. Mike would visit his son in Boulder, CO. During one visit the son was fostering a puppy from a St. Bernard rescue group. During two visits all he saw was a puppy hiding in a bedroom. The second visit he brought Cora home and the rest is history.  For some reason Cora and I hit it off right away. We are quite a sight to see with Cora loping around and me jumping in her face to get her to play. She likes other dogs pretty well but in a pack she always stays on the outside of the group and watches. That's why I always like to go and play with her so she doesn't feel left out. I like her packmate Lola a lot too. I don't have a good picture of her. She's a full Boxer with upright ears and grey muzzle. She likes mom a little too much for my tastes, I don't like it when she cuddles up to her and I try to stay inbetween. Lola doesn't get along with a lot of other dogs so she stays on her leash most of the time. But we like each other a lot. All dogs like me because I am so sweet and submissive. Cora and Lola are two very special friends and are a very special part of Portage Park.
Love, Dolly xoxox

22 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful to meet up with friends at the park! It looks like you all had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its wonderful! Thanks for visiting! Love Dolly xoxox

      Delete
  2. Hi Dolly - pleased to meet you. I am Reilly and my dweeb brother is Denny - we are both Shelties and we have a dorky (dachshund x yorkie)with living with us by name of Jackson - Call on by for a visit! http://cowspotdog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to meet you thanks for visiting! On my way over! Love Dolly xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dolly...From one weenie pup to another...so hap-pee to meet you!

    Amber
    DaWeenies of Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Amber nice to meet you too thanks for stopping by! Love Dolly xoxox

      Delete
  5. Welcome to BLOGVILLE Dolly. We have a LOT of fun and have tons of furends. I (Frankie Furter) am the outgoing MAYOR... and MADI will have her Swearing Ceremony... and an ALL DAY FUN and FOOD FEST on Saturday... You are Wanted and Welcome to attend. There will be shuttles/LINKS that you can hop on... from MY BLOG.. to where all the ACTION will be. Come Join Us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be there thanks for inviting me! Love Dolly xoxox

      Delete
  6. What a special friend. That looks like a nice park too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx yes! Glad you stopped by! Love Dolly xoxox

      Delete
  7. You all look like very special dogs. What great friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dolly, aren't furiends just the bestest. Just know your fit right in with all us nuts here in blogville, cause your making lots of new furiends.

    Your Pals
    Susie & Officer Bites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks again for visiting! Love Dolly xoxox

      Delete
  9. Hi Dolly!! Nice to meet you!

    hugs from
    The PugRanch Kids
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi guys! Thanks for checking me out! Love Dolly xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures. Just became on of your newest followers. Happy Wordless WEdnesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your visit and following me! Love Dolly xoxox

      Delete
  12. Hello Dolly!!! We just saw you over on PBU so just had to swing by to say hello. I'm a rescue dog as well and was very happy to read that you have found a lovely 'fur-eva' home. We'll be back for more reading soon!

    And we enjoyed meeting your buddies - my favourite part about walks (well, apart from all the sniffing I get to do) is meeting my buddies along the way. It's great to catch up on all the news and have someone to run around with!

    woof for now.

    Groucho

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Groucho! Thanks for visiting! Smelling is my favorite part too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Howdy Dolly, nice to meet ya. Looks like you have some great mates at the park. We'll pop back and visit again. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi guys! Thanks for stopping by! Love Dolly xoxox

    ReplyDelete